​​Mold Remediation and Restoration


Portland Mold Remediation

​​Mold can destroy your home. Don't wait until it gets this bad. If you smell an odor or think you may have mold, call us today.

Mold remediation requires special training and certifications in order to be properly remediated. Brighten Restoration Oregon technicians have the extensive knowledge and the necessary equipment needed to perform an accurate assessment of the affected area(s).​ Mold grows when it is introduced to a water source such as a roof leak or plumbing failure. To​ get a better understanding about mold, visit ​our 10 facts about mold page.

If you have a mold problem in your home or business, your primary focus should be safety:

  • ​Significant mold growth can occur within as little as 48-72 hours after water intrusion.
  • ​Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
  • ​A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
  • ​If you suspect you may have a mold problem call us immediately at (503) 983-6526

Our Services Include

  • ​Finding the source​ of the mold growth
  • ​Setting up containment to prevent mold spores from spreading
  • Removal of the mold affected materials
  • circle
    ​Applying biocides to prevent regrowth
  • circle
    ​Reconstruction

You can expect

  • ​​A Response within one hour
  • ​​Professional and knowledgeable technicians
  • ​​Fully-detailed estimates
  • circle
    ​​Complete coordination with your insurance company
  • circle
    ​​Personal contact to keep you informed on the status of your project.

​Why you should choose Brighten Restoration

  • ​We are a local family owned business. We take pride in what we do and ​will make sure that every job is done right and leave each customer ​satisfied with our work.
  • ​Brighten Restoration responds quickly to ​emergencies. We will have technicians at your door within hours of your call. A quick response can limit damage to the affected areas, and reduce cost for you.
  • Brighten Restoration ​technicians specialize in ​water and ​mold restoration. Each water damage technician holds and maintains WTR (Water Damage ​Technician)​, ASD (Applied Structural Drying) and an AMRS (Applied Microbial Remediation Specialist) Certifications through the IICRC (Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification).
  • ​​We use state of the art equipment and monitoring devices. Th​is equipment helps ​find hidden moisture​ that may be feeding the mold and then we set up negative air chambers to contain the area during mold remediation.

​Mold ​Remediation Tips

Mold Tips

​Mold can be hard to find at times. If you ​notice a musty odor or have unusual health issues call us today to inspect.

​​​Mold can ​become a​n ​issue in as little as 48 hours after water intrusion ​​(E.g. plumbing failures or roof leaks). Mold can be detrimental to your health and cause significant damage to your property. Brighten Restoration Oregon technicians are trained and certified to help you with the mold ​remediation. Call ​today if you have a mold problem (503) 983-6526. Meanwhile, take a look at our mold remediation tips below on what to look out for and how to avoid further damage. For info on our mold remediation services visit here.

​When you run into ​mold in your home or business your biggest concern should be safety.​

  • Are you or others safe to stay in the building?
  • The elderly​, children and people with respiratory issues are at greater risk.
  • ​Stay out of affected areas.
  • ​Turn off the HVAC systems and fans to prevent the mold spores from spreading.
  • ​Contact Brighten Restoration for immediate mold remediation services.
  • ​Mold can sometimes be hidden behind walls or cabinets.
  • ​A musty odor or Persistent physical symptoms (sneezing, runny noses,​ etc.) ​can be a good indication of mold in your home.

​Here are some things ​you should avoid doing

  • ​Don't touch or disturb the mold.
  • ​Don't blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
  • ​Do​ not attempt to dry the area yourself, ​disturbing the mold in any way can cause the spores to spread.
  • ​Don't spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.